Followers

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Fairy Sweet!

Hello, it's the fourth Tuesday of the month and my turn to post on the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge blog. Our challenge is ANYTHING GOES AND INCLUDE A HANDMADE BOW. This month we have a sponsor, Cute As A Button, and I was given this beautiful image name Lagoon Fairy to use for my card. The Design Team also had a challenge to use the color purple and the item of paint chips on our projects. Paint chips are a wonderful addition to your supplies. The stock is heavier and are great to use when die cutting. So the next time you walk through a paint department, get a few and try them!


I colored my image with my new Polychromos Pencils and am delighted with the results of the pencils. I added some Cool Glitter Ritz to her wings, a bit of tan flocking to the cattails, and Glossy Accents to the water drops and water. The clear iridescent sequins, the purple and pink rhinestones are from my stash. And, do you see my paint chips?  I took 2 large ones, put them together so they were large enough for my card, and then mounted them on white paper. It almost makes it look like I have 4 separate pieces of purple for the background.

 
I used flowers from my favorite stores:  I Am Roses, Wild Orchid and byThita.  
 
 
I'm so happy with the way my double looped satin bow came out, too. using my Craft-Dee BowZ bow Tool. I added an extra tail of a darker lavender to the bow. This bow was super easy to do, even adding the extra tail while using my bow tool. It frees up my hands so I don't have to hold so much and can do double and triple bows and add extra tails, with ease!
 
 
Our sponsor for this month is Cute As A Button who will award the winner of this challenge with 2 single digital images of your choice! Have you seen the images at Cute As A Button? I think they're wonderful and are definitely images you'll like, too!

 https://cute-as-a-button-stamps.myshopify.com

Thanks for coming over and looking at my card and reading the details of it. I hope you've seen Vicki's and Tracey's cards this month...and if you haven't, please stop by the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge, scroll down, and take a peek at their posts. I know you won't regret the few moments it takes to see their projects. Remember that the challenge is ANYTHING GOES AND INCLUDE A HANDMADE BOW

                                                                                 Hugs,
                                                        Gail
This card is entered in the challenge Champion of Champions Design Team Challenge and World Wide Open Design Team Challenge

6 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, Gail! The paint chip frame looks awesome. I don't know what I like more...the sparkle or that fabulous flower cluster! Of course, the two toned bow is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow STUNNING. Great work.
    Thank you for entering the Champion of Champions DT Challenge and best of luck.
    Annette DT Leader

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant Gail love these fab colours and what a great idea you've shared those paint cards look amazing must pick up some. I love the image and stunning flowers as well Love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunningly beautiful.
    Thank you for entering the World Wide DT Challenge this month.
    I have wonderful news, World Wide DT Open Challenge is being replaced with a brand new Open Design Team Challenge as of 1st April
    with a different sponsor each month. We have a brand new DT from all over the World which have all been hand picked.
    I hope you will continue to join in our new replacement challenge “Classic Design Team Open Challenge:
    Here is the link, remember it commences on the 1st April.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable image, Gail, and you've colored her beautifully, so you must have already mastered your new pencils. And don't think I forgot to notice your adventurous spirit, by giving your fairy purple hair (which looks fantastic with the highlights, by the way). Wonderful use of paint chips and your flower array is as always "floral perfection". Your bow is luscious and the sequins are a nice addition. Stunningly elegant creation, my dear!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the beautifully coloured image-fabulous hair-gorgeous bows and love the paint chips
    carol x

    ReplyDelete