Followers

Monday, February 8, 2016

Love, love, love

It's the second Monday of February which means it's time for Challenge 96 at The Cutie Pies Challenge Blog. And, since we're honoring Valentine's Day this month, our challenge is ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE...but don't forget that your card has to be CUTE, too. Our description of ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE IS:  Valentines/Weddings/Anniversaries).

For my card I used this cute image from The Paper Nest Dolls named Ellie With Heart Locket.



The lattice trellis up the side is a punch by Martha Stewart. The word "love" is a die by Memory Box. The heart charm at the top is by Craft Fantastic where you put your own picture/photo and glue it in the middle of the metal base and then glue the clear acrylic over the top of it. So what I did was use a piece of my printed paper for a perfect match! My paper is by American Crafts. My sentiment and the key are covered with Glossy Accents. First I tried embossing powder, but didn't like how it came out and it warped the paper since I wanted it completely covered. I ended up with the Glossy Accents and am really happy with the results. I colored my image with Copics and added Glossy Accents to her boots and Clear Wink of Stella all over her lock. I added a touch of glitter to her dress and accents on her. The layout of this card comes from a card I received from a good friend of mine, Patty Sue. Thanks, Patty Sue, for sending me that card and inspiring me to expand past my 6x6 square cards!



We have two sponsors this month! 
 
http://www.papernestdolls.com/
The Paper Nest Dolls who has offered $15 to spend in the online store


http://www.disdigistamps.com/
Di's Digi Downloads who has offered a $10 voucher to the winner.

The Team at The Cutie Pie Challenge Blog has created some awesome cards to inspire you with the hopes of encouraging you to join in this month and you have until February 29th to enter!  Take a look at the Team's cards and I hope to see your project with the topic of ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE and that it's CUTE (and remember it can be Valentines/Weddings/Anniversaries).
 
                                                                         Hugs,
                                                  Gail


11 comments:

  1. Beautiful colouring and like your punch border and embellishments, Thanks for sharing cheers Sue N x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card Gail and lots of fabulous details xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just wonderful Gail, your colouring is spot on as always and the attention to detail perfect xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card once again, Gail. Lovely papers and diecut and very cute ribbon sporting the hearts. The key is very complementary to the wonderfully colored image. Just the right amount of glitter and glitz. You should have put YOUR photo in the locket, though, cutie pie !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMGosh, I never even thought about putting my pic in the locket since this is for Tim for Valentine's Day! See...you're so much more imaginative than I am! :)

      Delete
  5. Beautiful card Gail. Love all the patterns and touch of bling. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous Gail, she's adorable and love all your fabulous details.
    Hugs
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Gail love the stamp and ll the so so pretty embellishments love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Gail! You have coloured the sweet girl image beautifully & I am loving the colours you have used. The sentiment fits perfectly & the key with the Glossy Accents is a great touch. Great work. I love it. Thanks so much for sharing.

    We are currently having a Design Team call over at our blog if you are interested? :) Hope to see you there.

    Lisa - Dreamtime Craft Supplies
    Dreamtime Craft Supplies
    Dreamtime Craft Supplies Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this Gail, it's a work of art! Love all the cute details xx

    ReplyDelete