Followers

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Fabulous Christmas Colors!

There's a new challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge and I've been invited to be a Guest Design Team member for this challenge of "U" IS FOR UNIQUE COLORS FOR CHRISTMAS. Our sponsor is Bugaboo and I'm delighted to use this adorable image for my card! 


I colored my image with Copics and then used purple Pearlescent Chalk by Pebbles to color the background of my image.  I added some White Frantage by Stampendous for the snow that is falling and the snow on the ground is made with white paint and then sprinkled with White Crystal Snow by Stampendous over it while it was wet. I love the look of this glitter! 

I used my Spellbinders die for the oval and scallop around my image. The deer is a wood cut out and I painted it with brown hobby paint. The package in the corner is a rub on and I put it on white paper and then colored it with my Copics to match my papers and then cut it out. For dimension I added Glossy Accents to the ornaments in my little image's hands and to the polka dots and ribbon on the package. I tied my bow and then cut off the legs of a purple snowflake brad from my stash and glued it in the middle of my bow. 

My snowflakes are precut from Hobby Lobby and I layered a white iridescent and a clear iridescent one and then held them together with a white brad. I used a CK Punch for my sentiment and my sentiment is a very old one from a Precious Moments set of stamps that was distributed by Stampendous in the 1980's. Those lime green jewels are from Queen & Co.


Thank you, Samantha and the Design Team, for the invitation to join you for this fabulous challenge. I had a great time picking my image and then coloring it 'uniquely'. ;)  I appreciate the opportunity to be your Guest for this challenge!

The Design Team at ABC Christmas Challenge have created some wonderful projects to inspire you and encourage you to join this challenge. Remember, the challenge is "U" IS FOR UNIQUE COLORS FOR CHRISTMAS.

                                                                               Hugs,
                                                    Gail

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous purple Christmas card - the image is coloured in beautifully - Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable in the teal and purple colors you chose for "unique", Gail. You've put this together awesomely -- the bow, brad, deer, present, snowflakes -- just the right artistic touch that brings it all together. And, once again, your coloring is superb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pleasure having you Guest! and love your card its such a great colour combo!
    LOVE it!
    hugs me x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are such fabulous colours for a Christmas card Gail! I love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The alternative Christmas colours in this card are gorgeous, Gail. Love how you've picked them out in the string of Christmas lights xx

    ReplyDelete