Followers

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Christmas Cardinals

Hi, today's it's my turn to post a card on Craft-Dee BowZ since each member of our team gets a 'Tuesday" and guess what...this is my week!  My husband and I recently bought a house in a small town in Kentucky. We're doing renovations on the Kentucky house while we still live in Phoenix, and that is a challenge!  While in Kentucky over Christmas, in our 3 acre backyard, we saw some beautiful wildlife. One of the birds we saw were cardinals. Seeing them inspired me to use this beautiful image by Stampavie for my card.
I'd like you to see what I saw out my Kentucky kitchen window the day before Christmas.  Just this beautiful bright red spot in this dormant tree (and yes, I'm bribing them with seed bells all around the property).
I colored my image with Copics and used some 3-d white paint and glitter for snow falling.
And I will apologize now for my awful picture below. Some how, some way, I cut off the bottom of my bow when I took the photograph. I am so sorry for this awful picture, but you can at least see my pretty double looped satin bow with the pretty winter brad glued in the middle. Making bows is so easy with my bow tool.  I used to be pretty good at making bows by wrapping the ribbon around my fingers, but after getting my bow tool it's so much faster, easier and I save ribbon since every bow comes out great the first time. If you make bows for your cards, you really need to get this cute and compact bow tool
Our sponsor this month is Beccy's Place and the winner of this challenge will receive one set of digital stamps! 


I hope you've had a chance to look at the creations by Barb, Tracey and Kathy this month and that you've gotten your card posted to our challenge. Our challenge is ANYTHING GOES AND ADD A HAND MADE BOW!


                                                       Thanks for stopping by!
                                                                Gail

5 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card that cardinal is fabulous they are stunning birds in the wild. I hope the move progresses well it must be hard with that distance apart Take care love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful Gail, gorgeous stamp, design and a stunning bow! How lovely to be inspired by watching the cardinals in the wild!
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gail another beautiful card I love the robin he’s so cute.
    And your design is wonderful

    Hugs Debs xx
    https://debsartliffscards.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the move progresses well it must be hard with that distance apart Take care love and hugs Carole xไฮโลออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete