Followers

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

I love the ocean!

It's my week to post a card on the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge blog. As you know, there are 4 of us on the Team and we each have our own Tuesday to post. Our sponsor this month is Cute As A Button and I've used the image named Mermaid Sophia on my card. The challenge for all of you this month is ANYTHING GOES AND INCLUDE A HAND MADE BOW. This card isn't traditional, so please look at the photos below to see how it folds. This card is larger than my usual card, and is almost 8" x 8". The Team's challenge this month was to use a mermaid and the colors teal and/or tan. I was able to incorporate both of those colors in my card.




My seahorse, jelly fish and seaweed are dies by Magnolia. Here's the side view to show you how I made this.



This image was awesome to color using my Copics and I used chalk to do the background.




I used two different colored organza ribbon for my bow and the seashell on top of the knot is a button with the shank cut off. My Craft-Dee BowZ bow tool was a lifesaver for this bow. I was able to make this perfect bow since I didn't have to hold the ribbon in my hands. My bow tool is always close by and I use it on every bow. If you own a bow tool, do you use it?  And if you don't own one, but make bows, what are you waiting for? This is the most economical tool you'll ever own and it won't ever wear out, need new blades or sharpening, it doesn't need electricity, and is simple to use.



Our sponsor is Cute As A Button, whose owner is the talented Francesca. Thank you Francesca, for giving me this beautiful mermaid image to use for my Design Team card this month.

Cute As A Button is offering
2 digital images of the winner's choice!

I hope you'll look at Barbara's, Vicki's and Tracey's creations for the month of July and all you need to do is scroll down on the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge blog to see them. With our Team, it won't take but a few moments to look at each of our creations. We hope you'll join us for our July challenge of ANYTHING GOES AND ADD A HAND MADE BOW.


This card is entered in the following challenges:
The Ribbon Girls July Challenge, Any Image
Challenge-Blog Deutschland Challenge 35, Mermaids
CCC Digi Creations Challenge 53, Release the Glitter
Incy Wincy Designs Something Magical
Dies R Us Challenge 53, Water and/or Beach
The Corrosive Challenge Challenge 7, Animals/Nature
Cute As A Button Challenge 22, AG at beach or sea
Crafting With An Attitude Challenge 17, AG
Get Creative Challenge 44, Lots of Blue
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge 38, AG
World Wide Open Design Team Challenge Challenge 12, AG

17 comments:

  1. Fabulous this is such a pretty card and the perfect design for this lovely stamp Great embellishments just finish it so well gorgeous Love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, Gail! I LOVE underwater scenes - your die-cuts are fabulous and I love your colouring! Very pretty bow too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just fabulous Gail! LOVE the scene you've created and the design you used to do so! Great job! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘WATER and/or BEACH’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful! I love the wonderful scene you have created and your colouring is gorgeous. Thank you for sharing with us at the Ribbon Girl, good luck and I hope you will join us gain.
    Hugs
    Gina xx
    http://www.ribbongirl.co.uk/catalog/

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful card and gorgeous coloring

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Gail! Fabulous card...you coloring is amazing. That mermaid's hair is perfect. You have created a beautiful scene!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A stunner of a card, Gail !! What gorgeous coloring/shading, and I love the teal and tan color combination. A clever idea to run the ribbon along the side. Appropriate diecuts and lovely seashells and pearls, not to mention the fancy fold card design in itself. A most spectacular mermaid!! You ought to be a winner in numerous challenges for all your effort and magnificent talent in how this all came together. Truly "cute as a button", my friend !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute!Your coloring is awesome. Great design! Thanks for joining us at Dies r Us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Gail - I am trying to follow your blog - but having a problem - soon when its up and running I will try it again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this...she looks nice and cool...we are having hot weather too! Nothing like the weather you are having but hot enough for me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I forgot to ask who makes the cute dies?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful card! Love this!! Thank you for joining us at CCC Digi Creations. Cindy (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow super fantastic. Great work, love it.

    Thank you for sharing with us here today at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT Registered Owners/Admin for World Wide Open Design Team Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  14. You've paid much attention to details on this fabulous boxed card creation. It looks gorgeous. Love her red hair and beautifully arranged bows.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card, thanks so much for sharing it with us over at Julia Spiri challenge!
    Hugs Donna (DT)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely work, love the colors!
    Thank you for sharing with us over here at the World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Carla DT for:-  http://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/...

    ReplyDelete