Followers

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Forever and ever...

Well, today is the Craft-Dee BowZ bi-monthly blog hop. The Design Team had a theme of "wedding" and we used the colors white, cream, gold and/or silver.

I used this beautiful rubber stamp by Lili of the Valley that I've had for a couple of years and have never inked up! Well, I haven't been to any weddings in a long time, either, and haven't needed a wedding card!


The background is paper by Coordinations and I ran it through this pretty Darice embossing folder and sanded the paper. Sanding it didn't give me enough color difference so I took some Colorbox silver ink on my finger and went over the embossed areas. It's much more silver-y in person rather than gray, but we all know photos aren't as nice as the real thing. I layered it with silver mirror paper and also some solid black. The lace was self-adhesive and I attached it to the mirror paper on the side. The sentiment is by Lili of the Valley and I used my Stampin' Up punch on it and layered it on black and added the 3 little pearls. Pearls, glitter, rhinestones, ribbon, flowers, lace...this card represents everything I love! If I had to pick one embellishment I can't live without...I think it would be flowers. I love pretty paper flowers on my cards!

Here's a close-up of this lovely image. I love pastels for spring and summer and to represent a June wedding, I used shades of pink and lavender and colored my image with Copics.  I used a combination of pink, clear and lavender jewels for extra sparkle...there can never be enough sparkle on a wedding card! I used Bridal white glitter from Sprinkle n Sparkle on her wedding dress and Cool Glitter Ritz on her veil and her cuffs (and collar) were done with white paint and then I sprinkled Darice clear glitter on them. I used my nesting set of circles by QuikCutz on the black, silver and image. Let me add here: I had glitter everywhere and it was 2 days later when my husband smiled at me and I said, "WHAT?" and he said: you have one speck of glitter on your right cheek under your eye. OMG...how long was it there for?


I love these pretty roses and those purple, pink and white 'berries'. I don't know what you'd call them...I got all of these from Wild Orchid Crafts a couple of years ago.


Here's THE bow. Yep, this is a double bow...I made two bows, open the knot on the bottom one, slid the top on inside the loop then tightened the loop. I love this bow and I used my handy little Craft-Dee BowZ tool to make it.  The bottom ribbon is white with silver sparkly wisps and the top ribbon is silver. I used a brad with the legs cut off and glued it in the middle of the bow.  Thank you, Donna, for the pretty laces, ribbon an embossing folder!

 

So, since this is a blog hop, you will want to leave comments at each of the stops. We've got a small team here at Craft-Dee BowZ so doing our hop is pretty easy. Here are the links to follow:

 
Craft-Dee BowZ (Start here)
 

It's always fun to participate in a blog hop with a prize, and the prize here is a 25' spool of ribbon. You need to leave a comment on each of the stops above, though.  On Monday, June 15, a name will be drawn, so please check back to the Craft-Dee BowZ blog to see if you've won!
 
I'll stop talking now and let you get to your next stop, or if you're starting here because you follow my blog, please go up to the top of the list and start your hop!  Get ready, set, and GO!
 
                                                                       Hugs,
                                                                       Gail
 
I couldn't resist entering this pretty card in these challenges:

66 comments:

  1. gorgeous! great job coloring, I also love the variations in your bling!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gail, you card is gorgeous and that bow is a beauty. Love all the flowers and lace. And that background paper is perfect for this card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Gail! The bow is amazing and I love the touch of color in the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous card Gail. Love everything, the colours, image and especially the bow. Will try and follow your idea of the double bow. It is lovely. Ursula xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. a beautiful project Gail.love the image and pretty lace ,wonderful bow too xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. Lovely colours, image and bow. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenge. Hugs Anna-Karin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Gail. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at CCC Digi Creations. We would love to see you again. Anet DT x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning Gail what a gorgeous card and the bow and your design are wonderful.
    Have a lovely day.
    Debs xxx
    {Debs Cards}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, love the embossed background and your choice of colors. The lace and bow adds the perfect touch. Thanks for joining us at Paradise of stamps for our challenge
    hugs Louise

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this card, what an adorable stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning Gail one of my favourite wedding images and you've made it into a delightful card its wonderful Love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card! Love the soft colors of the stamped image and the sheer bow is the perfect accent!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful, love the coloring, the color combo and the sheer bow. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a gorgeous card Gail. Love all the texture and how you used silver to go over the embossing folder to make it pop. Love all the textures and of course that gabulois bow!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gail, your design is just beautiful and the image so sweet. The details of your card are totally amazing. I love everything about it! Thanks so much for joining our "Dream Wedding" challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really elegant, I have this stamp and really love how it turned out. Beautiful sparkle and the flowers are gorgeous. Thanks for playing our challenge at One Crazy Stamper.
    Cheers,
    Leanne DT
    OCS!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful design and attention to detail. Love the groupings of different colored gems. Love the flower corner. Love the ribbons down the side and the bow. Love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card, love the embossed background and the ribbon. The bride looks lovely in glitter.
    Katrina x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for Let’s Craft and Create challenge 102, Hazel, DT – hope to see you again soon - thanks also for entering this into my Patterned Paper June challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely wedding card- thanks for sharing with us at CCC Digi Creations.
    Amy-DT
    P.S. I live right down the Loop 303 from you in Anthem, AZ.:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my....how beautiful this is!! I love the effect of the sanded embossed panel! Thanks so much for joining us at Kraftin' Kimmie for Wonderful Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  22. lovely card and image thanks for sharing with FTT Rachel dt

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gail you made really beautiful card. :)

    Sabina

    ReplyDelete
  24. So very pretty and I love all of your ideas on this gorgeous wedding card!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very lovely card with so many wonderful details. Thank you for sharing at RRBC!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous card! Your coloring is awesome and the colors you used are amazing! Thanks for joining us at Kraftin' Kimmie's Wonderful Wednesday Challenge and hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wonderful design Gail, I love the background, a really lovely card!
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  28. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Passion, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is really beautiful, Thank you for playing along with us at My Besties UK challenge Good Luck
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Absolutely beautiful! Seeing this reminds me that I promised a friend I would make two wedding cards for her! Can I just steal this one? LOL! I love all of the details that you put on this card! Thanks for playing along with us at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow...such a stunning card! Love all that wonderful glitter and the fabulous attention to every little detail. Thanks for playing in our Anything Goes with an optional Spring Theme challenge at Digistamps4Joy! Good luck and we hope to see you again.
    ♥ Charlene DS4J DT

    ReplyDelete
  32. wawwww sÃ¥ super flot ♥

    10000 tak for at du deltager på Card and scraps udfordring.

    knuzzzz ♥

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a pretty card!!

    Thank you for joining us at Card and Scrap.

    Jytte, DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow, what an incredible card! You can certainly tell you've put so much heart and soul into this, its stunning. So much detail and embellishment and it all goes together beautifully. Just love the wedding image too, its so sweet. So very glad you joined us at Time Out!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. An oh-so-elegant wedding card - now it's too bad that you don't have a wedding to attend, because this card would certainly be a keepsake for the newlywed's album! Like you mentioned, it has it all -- bow, gems, lace, glitz, bouquet. Absolutely awesome creation, Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  36. A beautiful wedding card Gail! I love how you arrange your flowers so perfectly they alway look stunning!! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  37. beautiful project thanks for joining us at besties UK - Carol DT coordinator xx

    ReplyDelete
  38. This card is simply gorgeous! You have so many delicate, elegant elements going on here and it is so lovely. Thanks for joining us at DS4J this month :)
    Sara
    www.PolkaDotRosie.blogspot.com
    {Digistamps4Joy DT Member}

    ReplyDelete
  39. Gorgeous card and so elegant too.Such lovely colouring and embellished beautifully too.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hi Gail ! Gorgeous card !Love this flowers,this lace and your lovelye background !
    The bow is stunning !
    Thanks fot joining us at Let's Craft and Create , and Good luck !
    Maryvonne DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  41. This is just soooooo pretty!!!! Love love love the bow and all the great embellishment this is super elegant.

    Thanks for joining our monthly challenge here at Scribbles Design challenge. Hope you will join us next time DT Crafting Vicky.

    ReplyDelete
  42. A lovely card with gorgeous texture and details. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this week!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Oh, Gail, this scrumptious card is a gift in itself! It's spectacular in every way! I want to thank you for playing in the Retro Rubber challenge where I am guesting and tell you that I'm so happy to meet you through RRBC! I have become your newest follower and I'd love it if you would return the favor, if you like! Enjoy your day! Oh, and I wanted to say that I was a career legal secretary, too, so I know just how you feel!! (If you come for a visit, see the tab "Away With Words!") Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  44. What a wonderful wedding card. Love all the lace and her glittery dress is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing another fantastic project with us for the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  45. WOW! Just WOW!! This is a stunning wedding card, love all the sparkly details and that bow is WOW! Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this week. Cx DT

    ReplyDelete
  46. Fabby looking card, lovely colours and card design. Thanks for joining us over at AUD sentiments this week.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  47. A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  48. A stunner, love all the wonderful embellishments and the gorgeous image. Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments this fortnight and hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  49. What a wonderful card, so much detail, I love it. Thank you for joining us for this months challenge. Sylvie, Craft for the Craic DT

    ReplyDelete
  50. Incredible card with gorgeous details! I love it all! Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber's ribbon challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  51. What a stunning card and your attention to detail is amazing! Thanks for playing along with us over at One Crazy Stamper!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Gail this is another wonderful creation with great attention to detail and perfect for our ‘ANYTHING GOES with optional twist SPRING’ challenge. Such an elegant wedding design. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Digistamps4Joy DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  53. lovely card thanks for joining us at Besties uk hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  54. Elegant creation! Embossed background is wonderful! I love bow and flowers spray!

    Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge June "ATG".
    Ileanaxx

    ReplyDelete
  55. Such a very pretty card!
    Thank you for sharing your design over at Lets Craft & Create

    Mary DT x

    ReplyDelete
  56. This is so pretty Gail and I love the colours you used and all your fabulous embellishments. Thank you for joining in The Paper Nest Dolls Challenge this time. Hope to see you again.

    Hugs, Vannessa
    The Paper Nest Dolls DT

    ReplyDelete
  57. Such a lovely and elegant card! Thanks so much for doing the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  58. Absolutely stunning,very elegant wedding card love the beautiful flowers and embossing oh and the gorgeous bow and lace
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  59. I'm in love with this image and all your bling, Bling, BLING! It's fabulous, all the elements, coloring, great layout to showcase this couple!

    ReplyDelete
  60. I'm popping back to congratulate you on the recognition from Retro Rubber for your wonderful card, Gail! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  61. lovely card love the colours and the design thank you for joining us at UK Besties love Jane DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  62. So elegant. I love all the fabulous shimmer! Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  63. I love this and the longer i looked at it the more detail i spotted.Its beautifully embellished but not over done
    The background is gorgeous too
    Thank you for joining us at Craft for the Craic
    Pixie (DT Member)

    ReplyDelete
  64. Beautiful card Gail, congratulations on being one of our top 3 winners at The Paper Nest Dolls Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete