Followers

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Rain rain go away!

It's the fourth Tuesday in May so it's my turn to post a card for you at Craft-Dee BowZ. I'm having so much fun having my own day to post a creation!  I find myself trying extra hard to make a card that will catch your attention and perhaps encourage you to join our challenge. The topic that the Design Team had this month was "spots and dots".  I LOVE the ribbon on my card that was one of the many items given to me to play with this month.  Thank you, Donna, for all the ribbons and goodies you send me monthly!

I used an image from MelonHeadz from the set Four Seasons and used my oval and scallop Spellbinders dies. The clouds are a die by My Favorite Things. I took out my Dotta-Riffic set by Zig and made my yellow and red polka dot paper. The sentiment is by Whimsy. Oh, the raindrops...those are actually self-adhesive clear jewels and I colored them with my Copic pens to give them that blue tone. They made perfect raindrops! The other items, the buttons and charm, are from my 'collection' of supplies.


 
I had lots of fun with this image and used Glossy Accents all over her hat, coat, eyeglasses, umbrella and water puddle. She's colored with Copics. 
 
 
And here's this fabulous polka dot ribbon that made an extraordinary bow. It's not wired yet it tied beautifully using my Craft-Dee BowZ tool.  I use my handy little bow tool for the bows on every card I make.
 
 
I hope you've looked at the Design Team's creations each week and have been inspired to pull out some ribbon, make a bow to add to your project, and enter our challenge! The month is nearly over and time is running out! It would be nice to read a comment from you, but I realize how busy we all get and how we fly through posts to see the pictures and get ideas from others. I hope, though, that you'll consider joining the challenge at Craft-Dee BowZ!

                                                                                Hugs,
                                                     Gail 

This card is entered in the following challenges:

26 comments:

  1. A fabulous card and great colouring of that sweet image too. Love the red and yellow together and your fab card design.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful and I love the gorgeous red - I really don't use red very often! The rainclouds and raindrops are just perfect and of course your bow is super duper fabulous :-)

    Big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, I love all the attention to detail; the little raindrops, charm, coordinating papers and buttons. Thanks so much for joining us at the Sisters of Craft Blog Challenge, good luck in the voting and we hope to see you again. Creative Blessings, Tracy x SOC DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, Gail! Love how you achieved such depth in your clouds! The raindrops look amazing, as does your bow! Beautiful colouring of the image and I like the sentiment! Sorry I haven't been visiting much. I've been having a flare-up of a chronic illness so I haven't been crafting or blogging as much this month. I've had to take a break from my DT for a while. Just wanted to let you know I'm still around but not as much. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute and beautifullllllllll Gail

    gr karin and
    Thanks for join us at
    {Digistamps4Joy DT Member}

    Karin


    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute is this and definitely bright and cheery, even with the stormy clouds and the rain dripping -- what a fantastic idea to make the clouds appear stormy and the gems fit perfectly. Her rain gear will definitely keep her dry, what with the glossy accents to allow the drops to run right off. Love the bright red colors of it all -- her raingear, as well as the background and lovely bow. The polka dot paper just adds a bit more pizzazz to this adorable card. Awe-inspiring, for sure, Gail !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant love the design and image your colours work so well and those clouds and bow have a real Wow factor its all gorgeous love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the image, gorgeous bow,and great clouds and love the gem raindrops-Thank you for joining us at Crafting From the Heart
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darling image, Gail, and I love the sparkle you added to the clouds! If you get the rain to 'go away,' could you direct it to head for California? We need it. :-D Thanks so much for honoring us by playing in the "Cute with a Sentiment" challenge this fortnight at Aud Sentiments. Good luck and come play again in our next challenge.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. ***SWOON!!!*** I absolutely love this! Fantastic coloring and very creative use of clouds and raindrops. Thank you for sharing this gem with us us at DS4J for our Buttons, Bows and Bling challenge!
    Sara
    www.PolkaDotRosie.blogspot.com
    {Digistamps4Joy DT Member}

    PS--I'm your newest follower and would love it if you stopped by my blog to follow me too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, and I can't forget to say something about that perfect bow! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card is ubber cute!! I love how you did the clouds and the teardrop gems. Just creative on her little outfit. WOW! Thanks for joining us at Love to Scrap! Challenge Blog
    Tina dt

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful card in our 'kids' challenge at Crafty Catz. This is such a nice project, full of lovely details. I hope you will visit us again soon!
    Hugs,
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. That sentiment is just spot on - love your crystal raindrop detail and oh my what a fun card - thank you so much for sharing it with us at Aud Sentiments - love it. Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really sweet card with very nice colouring and lovely colourful papers. Thanks for sharing it with us at Robyn's Fetish Challenge.
    Laurence DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Brilliant love the design and image!! I love the teardrop gems you used.Thank you for your lovely entry at Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog! Hope to see you again soon!! HUGS!
    Ann DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi sweetie this is just gorgeous, I love the design and colours you have chosen, hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a brilliant card!! Thanks for bringing this cutie to play at The Cutie Pies!! Sarah :0)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Gail, this is so beautiful and cheerfully bright on a rainy day! I love the rhinestone dew, gorgeous bow you have made and pretty cute buttons. LOVE your gorgeous card Gail. Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Digistamps4Joy this month. Come join us again next month. Have nice moments always :)

    Fondly,
    Asmah
    DS4J DT
    Qinaahana Arts and Crafts {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  20. Totally epic! I adore this make xx
    Thank you for joining Crafting Muskateers Challenge this month.

    Don’t forget to join us again next month at http://craftingmusketeers.blogspot.co.uk/
    Sandie (Crafting Muskateers DT)
    http://fairytaledaydream.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. super cute :) Thank you for joining in our anything goes challenge at Love To Scrap.:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I following this step by step.
    http://debbiepsplace.blogspot.co.uk/2010/06/merging-digital-images-using-paintnet.html
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is just too cute! Love how you popped up the clouds, and those rain drops are just the perfect touch!
    Thanks for joining us at LTSCB!
    Tammy DT

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow this looks fab Gail. Love the clouds and raindrops as a fab addition to the design. Thanks for playing at Scrappers Delight and good luck. Hope to see you back soon for a new challenge. Bettina DT Member at Scrappers Delight xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Cute, bright and such fun Gail !! Love it sweetie and many thanks for joining us this month at Little Claires !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. HI Gail... wow... what for a great card... I am glad to see you again and I hope you send more inspirations to us... you sooo talented :) Your card had a vote, which one? Please check it out :) Hugs from Switzerland says Ute (bastel-traum)

    ReplyDelete