Followers

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Pretty in Peach

I always look forward to the first of every month. Not because I get to pay my mortgage, but because it means the start of a new month and new challenges!  The new challenge for June at Craft-Dee BowZ is ANYTHING GOES AND INCLUDE A HAND MADE BOW.  The Team at Craft-Dee BowZ used our own images this month and I chose this beautiful image by Make It Crafty for my card.
This post is picture heavy, but I want to share the elements with you since I think it's such a beautiful image and I'm pleased with my coloring after attending the COPIC Boot Camp May 13-15. Yes, it was three days long, with the days going 9am-9pm (except Sunday we left at 6pm). It's called Boot Camp for a darn good reason!
Isn't this image just the sweetest! I love that she's digital, too, enabling me to size her to fit my 6"x6" card comfortably. I colored her with Copics and then used my extra fine white Sharpie paint pen to make the polka dots on her apron. The die behind my image is by Marianne Designs.
My flowers are an assortment from Marianne Designs, byThita, The Ribbon Girl and Wild Orchid Crafts. I added a bit of lace in my flower arrangement, too, just because.
This is a lovely sentiment and one that I don't use very often. I ordered it on-line from Stempelglede and it came in a package with other wonderful sentiments. I used an oval punch and an oval scallop punch on the sentiment.
I've found out that some of the cutest charms for my cards can be purchased in the jewelry section at Michael's and JoAnn's. I love this little gold charm, peach enameled with the iridescent jewels on it and a peach glass bead hanging from it. I got this one at Michael's.
This is my triple looped bow made with peach satin ribbon. My bow came out wonderfully and I had no trouble making it using my Craft-Dee BowZ tool. This little tool is awesome and if you have one, I bet you like yours as much as I like mine. They're so easy to use, and make a fool proof perfect bow.

I used a Martha Stewart border punch, and a Martha Stewart butterfly punch. The pearls and jewels are from my stash, and the pretty peach lace and peach ribbon are from Donna at Craft-Dee BowZ. Thanks, Donna! I sewed my paper layers and for the last step, I added gesso to my card to keep with the shabby chic look I tried to achieve.

I hope you'll take a look at the Craft-Dee BowZ Design Team's cards for June by clicking here. I know you won't be disappointed! I hope you'll feel inspired to join us this month at Craft-Dee BowZ for our ANYTHING GOES AND INCLUDE A HAND MADE BOW challenge!
                                                                  
                                                                            Hugs,
                                                 Gail


4 comments:

  1. Peach - a refreshing color and not nearly used enough on cards. Your creation is FANTABULOUS, Gail -- another "work of heart" that one can sit back and just let the details sink in. Loving all the little pearls you snuck in here and there, and the charm is so pretty. Another few tucks here and there of lace and gauze, which dresses it up even more. You definitely had to get a good grade at boot camp, as your image coloring and shading is superb! 100% PERFECTION, and I'd give it an A+

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply gorgeous card, Gail! The inked background die cut is fabulous. Lots of lovely details and the gesso on the bow looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a darling name for a blog, Gail, and pure delight to see your "pretty in peach" girly card! I love the femininity in it, and the happiness shown in your little girl's face. Beautiful! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is amazing. I love the peach color, and you did a fantastic job with the shading, even on the raised part of the oval. I am so glad you got to go get "booted". Your work gets better every year! Hugs

    ReplyDelete