Followers

Monday, August 31, 2015

Watercoloring

Today I am the Guest Designer for The Crazy Challenge, Challenge 205, which is WATERCOLOR. I used this beautiful digital image from Sami Stamps for my card.


This is my first attempt with my new Zig Clean Watercolor Pens. They were fun to use and I'm looking forward to improving my skills with them. I added a touch of glitter to each of the purple flowers in her hair.

I used a Spellbinders die around my image and dressed it up with pearls from Queen & Co. The butterfly is a die by Elizabeth Design, the pearl swirl is by Prima, the flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts (and I added a touch of gold to them), the leaf among the flowers is a punch/embossing set by Nellie Snellen, and that's an antique metal button in the middle of my hand died seam binding that I colored myself with ink refills. My sentiment is stamped on purple print paper and then glued to the back of an acetate tag and the two laces are from my collection.

Thanks so much to Em and Ellen for the invitation and helping me get my card on their post today. I'm honored to have been invited to be their Guest Designer for the past two challenges and thanks, too, to the Design Team and their nice comments on my cards!

The Design Team has created fabulous projects to inspire you and I hope you'll visit The Crazy Challenge and participate in the WATERCOLOR challenge!

                                                                          Hugs, 
                                                Gail

3 comments:

  1. Lovely work Gail. It is not easy to do water colors and you rocked it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so lovely; beautiful colours and gorgeous details :-)

    Big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty in the shades of lavender, Gail. Elegant diecut, wonderful water coloring, and of course, the other embellishments add to your magic touch -- the flowers, lace, butterfly, gems, bow. A stunning card.

    ReplyDelete