Followers

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Fairy Fantasy

The challenge at The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog this week is MONSTERS OR MYTHICALS. Since I love fairies, I chose this beautiful digital image from The Paper Shelter named Exotic Enchantment.


I used my oval nesting dies around my image and my favorite corner die, which are both by Quik Kutz.

 
I colored my image with Copics and used Star Dust Stickles accenting her wings. I used a pearlescent pen to fill in her fairy dust and then added snow white Frantage embossing powder sprinkled around the image and on her dress. I am very pleased with how her dress came out and I hope it reminds you of silk since that's the look I was trying to achieve.
 


This ribbon is one of many pieces that were sent to me by my teammate, Eva Gro Røsok in Norway. Eva and I did a 'trade' a while back and I sent ribbons and lace from the USA to her and she sent me ribbons and lace from Norway. What an awesome way to get new and different products in my stash! My flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts and also my local lace warehouse. The pearl swirls are by Zva and the pearl broach in the center of the bow is from Suhafuha.


The sentiment is one stamp of a set that I bought at the convention in Mesa, Arizona last year. I stamped it in burgundy color on white paper Then I covered it with a round flat back round glass dome and trimmed around the edge of the paper to fit the dome. I adhered the paper to inside the dome with Diamond Glaze adhesive and then ran pearls around the outside edge. Yes, it is definitely going to be a postage hog to send this card anywhere!

Our sponsor is The Paper Shelter who have donated this prize to the The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog. So, please consider using an image from TPS to get the $30 gift certificate if your name is drawn!


The gals at The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog have made some lovely cards/projects for you to see and inspire you in this challenge of MONSTERS OR MYTHICALS. Take a look at their art work and please take a moment to leave each one of them a little note appreciating their efforts this week. Everyone likes to receive a bit of praise and since at least one of us on the team will leave you a comment, please reciprocate to the team, too! We're looking forward to seeing your creations!

                                                                                     Hugs,
                                                                                     Gail
This card is entered in the following challenges:
Anything Goes With a Twist, Art by Miran, Sister Act, The Stamping Boutique (my image is cut 'outside the box'), Treasured Times, 613 Avenue Create, Scribble and Scrap Crafts, Crafting From the Heart, Loves Rubber Stamps, Pile It On!, Di's Digi Designs, Creative Fingers, Crafting at the Weekend, Aloha Friday, Melon Headz Friends, My Craft Creations, Eclectic Ellapu (pink team: flowers), Craft-dee BowZ, Sparkle n Sprinkle, The Sisters of Craft, Craftyhazelnuts Patterned Paper, Papertake Weekly, Party Time Tuesdays

44 comments:

  1. So very pretty. I love all the pearls you added.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Gail this is gorgeous. Love papers they are so pretty. The little glass dome with your sentiment looks fabulous love how you put the pearls around it. What a lovely idea to swap craft goodies with someone from another country. Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is fantastic, the couloring is fabulous, so pretty

    Malika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woww Gail this card is soooooo beautiful. Love all of it; your colouring, the bow, the pearls... just everything!!!
    xxAngela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card your design and colouring are amazing ns just love all the stunning embellishments that glass dome is fab love and Hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have the "magic fairy dust" to be able to make up such magnificent fairy cards! She's adorable and mystical and yes, you've done great shading to make her dress look like silk - I can feel it!! Great flower arrangement with the pearl flourishes (which I can never seem to get laid down like what they are in the package) and the glass dome is perfect to highlight the sentiment, which, of course, coordinates beautifully with the card. Wonderful, wonderful job as always, Gail, and good luck on the challenges you've entered in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow Gail thats one stunning card, your colouring is beautiful, the flowers are gorgeous and the layout is just brilliant, well done love. hugs Shirleyxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is stunning thanks for joining us at Sister Act Card Challenge..Sue DT x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely stunning design and colouring. It is perfect for our 16th ‘ANYTHING GOES’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Art by Miran Showcase DT Member}
    {Would love you to visit my blog and join my 1,000 Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much, if you have already entered, and good luck.}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous, Gail, just gorgeous! Although the sentiment dome will add to the postage, it really adds to the card - wow! It was one of the first things I noticed! You didn't mention distressing your paper but I love what you've done around the edges - I am new to this technique so I like to see what people are doing. Love how you added the frantage around the fairy - so pretty! Her dress does look silky - your colouring is so lovely! And as always, your floral display and ribbon are spectacular! Another winner!

    ReplyDelete
  11. such a beauty of a card, Ive been sat here admiring it for ages so much beauty to it , that sentiment is adorable xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. another precious card
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely gorgeous coloring on this with such an ethereal feel to it. Thanks for joining the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge for October!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A gorgeus card Gail. I love your colourwork, it's great.
    Greetings Maria

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow amazing card Gail. Thanks for playing with us at PTT!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful Gail, the colour is lush and the bow and pearls so pretty, love it!
    Hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card, thanks for joining us at the Sister Of Craft for October. Gill DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is just lovely, such beautiful colours and all the pearly/sparkly details are so pretty :-)

    Big hugs, Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Gail, this is just so beautiful! I love everything about it - the colouring is gorgeous and yes, her dress does remind me of silk! Love how you did the sentiment too. Such a beautiful card!

    Hugs, Vannessa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous card, love your layout, coloring, and everything you made.
    Thank you for playing with us in Sisters of Craft and good luck.

    Hugs,
    Merlina

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a gorgeous card and image, lovely details! :) Thanks for playing along this time at Creative Fingers! Hope to see you next time too! ♥ Tindaloo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this beautiful project. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Creative Challenges - good luck and hope to see you again xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautifully done - thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Gail! Ooh wow! This is absolutely STUNNING! I love the mixture of colors on here!!! And those flourishes are just so BEAUTIFUL!

    Thank you so very much for the kindness that you left on my blog .. truly appreciate it!

    Have a great weekend!

    Big Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely card! Love the flower cluster! Thanks for joining Party Time Tuesdays!
    Danielle:)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gail, this is just stunning. I love this card!! I love how you colored her dress and have a little bit of the bottom of the dress sticking out from the die. (how'd you do that?) I love how the dress looks silky, plus it looks like she is floating. Just a gorgeous card. :D
    Deborah (teamie at CS)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fabulous Gail, the image is coloured beautiful and I love all your wonderful embellies, the sentiment under the dome is a great touch, hugs, Colette xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a beauty! Love every detail! Thanks for joining us at Loves Rubber Stamps this week! Sure is Beautiful! Hugs, Dangina

    ReplyDelete
  29. Striking and pretty - TFS over at Eclectic Ellapu this month x

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is so beautiful!
    Wonderful colors and details make the perfect card!

    I also love Fairies and this design is fabulously !!

    Hug Lena

    ReplyDelete
  31. A stunning piece of work Gail, if I were you I wouldn't send it anywhere....frame it & keep it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Such a beautiful card! Thank you so much for joining us at Loves Rubberstamps.

    ReplyDelete
  33. THIS IS AN EXELLENT VERY VERY PRETTY WOMAN CARD, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR JOINING IN AT LOVES RUBBERSTAMPS, HOPE YOU WILL JOIN NEXT CHALLENGE TOO,
    HUGS BLANKINA

    ReplyDelete
  34. Your card is beautiful and fabulous coloring of the image. Love all the added details too. Thanks for sharing another fabulous project with us for the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  35. great card, love that image and great coloring! so many details!
    love what you did ! and I love fairies too!!!
    cheers from california
    bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  36. Stunning! What FABulous colours and I LOve this sweet image spilling out over the die.
    Your embellishments are awesome. I especially LOve the dome over your sentiment it really is magical.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  37. Gorgeous image and beautifully coloured love the gorgeous bow and fabulous embellishments,love the sentiment dome you made
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  38. This is a stunner! Fab colours and colouring...just so pretty. Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
    xx

    I have a blog candy with a £50 voucher to win if you are interested.
    http://lexiesblogstardate.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  39. Stunning ,just Lovely card, thank you for joining us at Kittybees with our die and punch challenge hugs Tania (Dt) xx

    ReplyDelete
  40. Stunning card, I love the sentiment and the fairy dust effect

    Thank you so much for leaving a lovely comment on my blog

    Happy Sunday

    Hugs from

    Bridie@BGPayne Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  41. So, so lovely! Thanks for joining us at Melonheadz Friends, see you Monday for a new challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  42. What a gorgeous image, so elegant, I just love her dress, beautifully done Gail
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  43. This is one of my favorite images and your have colored her to perfection. She looks like she could just fly off your card. Beautiful job my friend. I hope to have a little package off to you this week. I have been showing everyone my beautiful card from you. Everyone thinks you are a wonderful artist! Have a wonderful week. I have a few more weeks before I fly to Georgia and will be away from my computer for a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Gorgeous image love it. thanks so much for joining us at Craft-dee Bowz be sure to check out next months challenge as well. You wont want to miss the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete