Followers

Sunday, August 11, 2013

I love distressing!

I've decided I love to distress paper with my Tonic hand held distress tool. I mean, I had crumbs of paper all over my craft table making the below card! This little Elisabeth Bell image is too cute with her little kitty and is one of my favorites. If you have a pet, then you understand how that kitty is her true friend.


I love my new flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts and I used WOC pink seam binding with a brad in the middle of the bow. I stamped the sentiment on white paper and then covered it with glue and then a clear acetate tag. I think the Frantage softens the image, too. The butterfly diecut has a light coat of Stickles on it to give it a little sparkle. I applied white paint on my flowers to blend in with the distressed look. I used 3 different design papers on this card, all of them bought at different times in different scrapbook stores!


I colored the image with Copics and I really liked working with the gray and pink. In an attempt to obtain the colors and texture of the wood, I copied the wood grain on my pine dresser. This card is 6x6.


Thanks for looking at my post!
                                                                                      Hugs,
                                                                                      Gail

This card is entered in the following challenges:
Elphine House, Paper Crafting Journey, Divas by Design (distressing, ribbon, flowers), Crazy Challenge, Crafty Ribbons, Lori Boyd, Crafts and Me, Paper Pretties, Papertake Weekly


7 comments:

  1. She's just gorgeous Gail, I love her hair, beautifully done my friend, thanks so much for joining us at EHA
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty and girly - just my style! The DP is so well co-ordinated and goes perfectly with the image :-) I love all the distressing and the idea of brushing the flowers with paint is fab :-)


    Hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty card love the flowers aren't the new Woc flowers lovely. Love Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is beautiful and elegant, Gail. I love the layout and your colouring of the image is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card just oozes elegance and grace! What a delightful image, as well as your coloring of it. Fabulous flower embellishments, butterfly and frantage - oh, and distressing, too !! You certainly ought to make Top Three, if not the WIN itself . . . good luck !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pink and black go together very well, don't they? I love the card you made in this colour combination. Looks fantastic! Thank you for playing with us at Crafty ribbons! Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card and such a cute image. Thanks for joining us at by Lori Designs.

    ReplyDelete