Followers

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

My most FAVORITE challenge!

Being on a Design Team means creating cards or projects to inspire others. Sometimes even a member of the DT needs inspiration if the topic is out of their comfort zone. I'm here to tell you that I can be your inspiration for this challenge. Why? Because the topic is LACE. Do you wonder why my blog name is Lacey Lassy? It's not become my first name is Lacey, but because I love lace and own a whole lot of it!  My most favorite embellishments are flowers and lace. Pearls are right up there, too. I love girly, so this challenge was made for me!!

So, open that drawer of lace and come and visit us at The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog this week for my most favorite challenge of the year, LACE. I picked, what I think, is the most perfect image for this challenge...and her name is: In The 20s and you can buy her at The Paper Shelter.


I look at this card and feel like I've gone back in time. I pulled out a handmade lacy doily (I found a group of 8 at an antique store in Prescott, AZ), 2" wide flat lace, another lace with pearls swooped (technical term) on it, and then my bow is lacy seam binding. The challenge isn't for how many different laces you can use but I couldn't resist using so many!

I love my oval set of dies by Nellie Snellen that can be stacked! I also used Marianne Design dies for the die to the left of the picture (the swirly diecut) and for the sentiment. It's the first time I've used the sentiment dies and they are fabulous. They cut beautifully without extra shims with my Cuttlebug machine. My paper is to die for...it's by Pion. It's made in Sweden and it's absolutely beautiful in pattern, color and weight. The rosebuds in my arrangements are from Wild Orchid Crafts, but the other flowers are totally unique and I found them at antique shops in baggies with other assorted miscellanous handmade treasures. I love the swirly flowers. The pearls in the middle of my lacy bow is one button that I cut off the shank and glued to the middle of the bow. I get most of my 'fancy' buttons from Dress It Up. They have all kinds of designer buttons! The tiny little pearls on the oval image are from Michael's. I edged every piece of paper with my Toffee Ink Chalk pad by Color Box.


I colored my image with Copics and then used my pens to make my background by making a zillion dots. I added some Aged Ivory Frantage embossing powder around her. What I don't think you can see is that I sprayed the image and flowers with Glimmer Mist. It's not showing up in the pictures, although in person the card has a pretty pearlescent finish on it. Well, looking closer, you might be able to see it on her hat.

Our sponsor, The Paper Shelter has offered the prize of $30 gift card to their store if you win using one of their images, or if you use another brand of stamp, the prize is 3 digital images. If you've looked at their site, you know how hard it would be to pick out just 3 digitals, so why not use an image from The Paper Shelter and win a whole lot more?!

 
The gals at The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog have made gorgeous cards for you to look at, get inspired, and then create a project for this challenge of LACE. So please stop by their blogs and leave a comment if you like their card!  Thanks for stopping by!
 
                                                                                    Hugs,
                                                                                    Gail
 
This card is entered in the following challenges:

45 comments:

  1. Wow! Stunning! This card is absolutely beautiful!! Love everything about it!! Really romantic and gorgeous.
    Hugs Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, beautiful colours, beautiful flowers, beautiful lace and pearls.....just beautiful. thank you for sharing with us at Fairytale Stampers - Myrna (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wwwaaaauuuu Gail, what a beautiful card!!! I like your image and wonderful colors.
    Hug, Jana

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful Gail, I love every embellishment and little touch you've used to design this card. It's perfect! Kerry xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Gail, youve done a stunning job on your card and all those gorgeous lace's and your colour choice is just beautiful, its so pretty and youve done a brilliant post of telling all the details of how you created this outstanding card. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is gorgeous Gail has a vintage look.
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh she is adorable Gail hun and thanks for linking up at Fan-Tastic Tuesday this weeks hugs Judith DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous Gail, I love everything about it, but your beautiful selection of laces are the icing on the cake, hugs, Colette xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gail this card is simply amazing. I love those vintage color tones, all the wonderful lace but your coloring is absolutely perfect. I love how you

    ReplyDelete
  11. It wouldn't let me finish my post just wanted to add hat I love how you made your background with the million dots. It looks terrific. Hugs, Janie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous Gail. The perfect image for your beautiful display of lace. hugs, Pat K xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful!! Thanks for joining us Treasured Times Challenge #22

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous thanks for joining us at my bestie UK and good luck
    Hugs Tonnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Elegant and stunning -- and very vintage-y !! You have aced this creation with your lace, diecuts, lace, paper, lace, image coloring, lace, bow, oh and did I say lace . . . hahahaha. You, my dear, are the Queen of Lace and this card is very strikingly beautiful. The frantage and the flowers coordinate so perfectly with all the rest and I wouldn't change a thing on it !! You are a wonderful addition to TPS's design team, for sure!! Good luck on the challenges you've entered this masterpiece into !!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this it's perfect colour tones & vintage theme is so eye catching. Jacqui DT Bearly Mine

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card, lovely colour combo too. Thanks so much for joining us over at Emerald Faeries Challenge Blog, good luck and hope to see you again.
    ~ Denise DT ~
    Emerald Faeries Challenge Blog
    {Denise's Patch of Creativity}

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful card an details to this. Wow...
    thanks for joining us over at HIMCR for the joining us at the challenge.
    Lisa
    ljcreation.blogspot.com
    HIMCR DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. just amazing and what a find those flowers are just so pretty gorgeous stamp as well love and Hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card, colours and embellishments. Thank you for joining us at Paper Creator. x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card love the beautiful image,beautiful paper and gorgeous embellishments and love the lace bow
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW your card is so pretty. Love the lace and all the flowers. They really add to your design and that image is adorable.Thanks for joining us at the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge this month. Join us again soon. Hugs, Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful project...TF joining us @ CIO hope you stop by again real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely colours and beautifully embellished Gail.

    Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful card!!!! Love the colors and all the layers and little details - right down to the tiny little pearls!!! Thanks for joining us this time at Sweet Pea Stampers and good luck in the drawing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. She's one of my favourite Paper Shelter images and just perfect for your lace theme, beautifully done Gail, love the choice of paper too, very vintage. Have a lovely weekend Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gail, this is so beautifully done! The muted palette is enchanting and perfectly elevated by the cream undertones. Loads and loads of fabulous design techniques nicely employed. Thanks so much for leaving this on our front porch here at 613 Avenue Create! We look forward to your next visit to our neighborhood.
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  28. This card is perfect. I love the color scheme and the antique feel to everything. It is so charming. Thanks for playing with us at 613 Avenue Create.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the vintage color choices you have used. Nice coloring on the sweet image!
    Thanks for sharing this with us at Through The Craft Room Door. Please come play along with us again!
    Huggs
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lovely card. Thanks so much for joining us over at Bearly Mine Challenges, good luck and hope to see you again.
    ~ Denise DT ~
    Bearly Mine Inspiration & Challenge Blog
    {Denise's Patch of Creativity}

    ReplyDelete
  31. Another stunning card, Gail! I just love the colours, and all the lace, and I agree with you about Pion papers, they really are beautiful, aren't they? Thank you for sharing your lovely work with us at Stamping Sensations.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  32. Gorgeous card! Love everything about it. Thanks for joining us at Scrapper's Delights
    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  33. wow! she is just so chic!!!! the colours you picked work so well with the image. thank you for joining us at My Besties UK and good luck! Hugs Davinia xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Yes this challenge was made for you Gail!!! You've made the perfect card for it.... love your choise of colours and het layout of the card!!! It's just gorgeous!!!
    xxAngela

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thank you fore the nice words you wrote om my blog about my card. You've also made a beautifull card.
    Greetings Maria

    ReplyDelete
  36. Ah this is so sweet, what a great vintage card, I adore everything about it. The colours and the image are some of my favs. Thanks for playing on MAWTT this fortnight, Love Hazel (Didos)xx

    ReplyDelete
  37. Gorgeous card Gail. A beautiful image teamed with some gorgeous papers and embellishments in the perfect colours.

    Nikki S

    ReplyDelete
  38. Gail this is so pretty love the image and your coloring is perfecto ! We need to get together and do some creating it would be fun!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  39. pretty card lovely colours too, thanks for playing As you like it challenge this time, hugs Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  40. Wow, I really love this card Gail! - Great coloring, and beautiful laces!

    Hugs, Eva
    Your DT Pal at TPS

    ReplyDelete
  41. Love this Gail, it's absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for sharing at MAWTT this week.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  42. Lovely card. Thank you for joining the challenge at Creative Fingers

    ReplyDelete
  43. Absolutely gorgeous Gail! Thanks for joining us at BMC
    hugs
    laney

    ReplyDelete
  44. WOWWIE Ms Gail~~this is STUNNING!!! oh yes you have taken me back to the roaring 20's:)) Hey girlie congrats on winning at Fussy and Fancy!!!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  45. This is a gorgeous card, perfect for our Bows, Bling & Blooms Challenge.
    Thank you for joining us at Paper Creator's Crafts.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete